Sunday, October 18, 2009

crazy morning!



So yesterday morning was the annual Susan B.Komen Race for the Cure here in Jax and this is my 4th yr participating. Only 2 of us signed up this year so we agreed to bring our "babies". Mine, being of course, Finn and my friend Barbette bringing her granddaughter Zoe, who spends the weekends with her. Anyways, the drama all started the night before. Here's the lowdown, I'll do the short version....

*Finn would NOT go to sleep on Friday night. 9 o'clock and he'd still in there jumping in his crib....
*Finally went to sleep around 10.
*Got him up Sat morning at 7:15...had everything timed out perfectly...
*His pants were to big(it's finally chilly here), finally found a pair that fit decently
*Drank his 8 oz bottle then proceded to throw it ALL back up
*Threw up all over his pants, my legs, the floor, you name it.....
* Had to change his clothes, nothing by shorts to put on him now..
*Left the house late...no breakfast..
*Stop at McDonalds for a biscuit, line is around the building but I wait...
*Finally on my way, Barbette calls, she's running late too...Thank Goodness!!!
*Feeding Finn goldfish to try to fill his belly since he's had no milk now...
*Approaching downtown & the police are detouring us to parking..
*Parking is WAY far from the park, rediculous!!!
*It takes me 15 min from my car to the park, I timed it, I was so mad...
*Finally met Barbette with 5 minutes to spare before the race started...
*Decided after all that not to walk the 3 miles since we already walked 2 to get there!!
*Enjoyed our time around the venue and played with the kiddies...
*Will do better planning next year, allow more timing...
*But the weather was incredible and the company was good....


Here's a few pics to enjoy...







I really enjoy doing this walk for remembering & celebrating all the lives that have been touched with breast cancer. Cancer is such a HORRIBLE disease & I hope one day they do find a cure...

No comments: