Friday, February 20, 2009

have i told you lately.....


"Have I told you lately that I love you,
Have I told you there's no one else above you.
You fill my heart with gladness, you take away all my sadness.
You ease my troubles, that's what you do." 

I sing this to Finn all the time. Having a child changes a person so completely, it's amazing. It's like your purpose here is different now. I just look at him in complete awe that I helped create this tiny human being. I can't wait to get through my day at work so I can get home and hold him and cuddle him. He's what I have to look forward too now at the end of the day so my work day doesn't seem so bad anymore. It's tough with Dan at work now all evening, it's like being a single parent. I give single parents a TON of credit b/c it is tough!!! We've kindof gotten into a routine I guess. Finn is sleeping all night so that's is a blessing. Speaking of sleeping, that's where I need to be right now. I'll write more later..........

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a cutie! I don't doubt you look forward to coming home to that cute little thing! Being a 'single' parent is rough. I had a hard time the year Chris was in Iraq and then the 6 months he was in school but I wouldn't ever not want to be a parent. Life is forever different when a child enters your life. :)

Terri said...

I love this post Holly! You are so right! Being a Mom, or Dad for that matter is sooo life changing and so rewarding! I love the picture of Finn...he is such a cutie!