Sunday, January 31, 2010

all is right....

Do you ever have those moments where you feel all is right in the world?? I'm having one of those right now....I just feel content & happy. :)
I'm just sitting here sipping on some coffee & flipping through a magazine. Dan's watching a movie on our (new) tv. Finn's taking a nap. The laundry is going, the dishwasher is done, steaks are on the counter defrosting...all is right in the world & our house for the time being. Ahhh...

I've really been feeling convicted to spend time in the Bible. I have not been doing this for a very long time I am afraid to say. I feel like I've always had a great prayer life, but beyond that....it's been very hard for me. I want to be a good testimony & to walk with the Lord. For the past few weeks I've still been getting up at 5am(Finn no longer gets a bottle then, big boy now!) & so that leaves me an hour before I have to leave for work. During this time, I 1st fix my coffee then I head on into the dining room where my Bible & Bible study awaits me. I can't say it's easy to do this, but it is totally worth it. I can clear my head before work & all the negitivity that is there & I can spend time with the Lord. I've found myself more relaxed & just overall more contented. I keep a list of on-going prayer request's there as well...I'll be honest & say that some mornings I haven't gotten to it. I've overslept or I've been just too tired & have been barely able to make it out the door, but over all I am very proud of myself. It takes discipline, something I am not very good at.

Our church service was really good this morning. We had a pastoral candidate come preach & I really really liked him. Hopefully he'll work out. I'm going to start volunteering in the nursery as well. I turned my paper work in this morning so I should be starting this soon. I've always had a helper's heart, but it can be very intimidating in a very large church to do this when I grew up in a very small country church. But, I'm trying!!

I'm signing off for now. I've got some pics to post later so I'll be back. Have a nice Sunday!!

No comments: